Max Kade Foundation Fellowship Programme
In addition to numerous international funding instruments, the DFG also supports the Max-Kade-Foundation with their selection of applicants for a fellowship program. This non-profit foundation under US-American legal guidelines aims to promote research visits of natural scientists and medical researchers from Germany to the USA through their fellowships. The program enables excellently qualified early career researchers in the natural sciences and medicine to apply for a research visit to the USA.
To enable applicants from the fields of natural sciences and medicine to apply for a one-year research stay in the USA
Well-qualified early career researchers (generally those within 12 years of having obtained their doctorate) who have proven themselves in their fields through several years of research or outstanding research achievements
Type and Extent of Funding
The following fellowship amounts currently apply:
- Basic fellowship US $ 56,500
- Travel allowance (including return journey) US $ 2,000
- Study trips within the USA and allowance for direct project costs US $ 2,000
- Allowance for spouse or life partner US $ 7,000
- Travel allowance for spouse or life partner US $ 2,000
- Child allowance US $ 2,300
- Travel allowance per child US $ 1,000
Note that allowances for spouses/life partners and travel allowances for accompanying family members can only be awarded if the family members accompany the fellows for the entire duration of their stay.
Life partners refer to formal civil unions in accordance with the German Act on Registered Life Partnerships (Lebenspartnerschaftsgesetz).
Forms and Guidelines