Scientific Library Services and Information Systems (LIS)
As part of the Scientific Library Services and Information Systems programme the DFG funds projects at libraries, archives and other scientific service and information centres in Germany. The aim is to set up nationwide efficient research information systems.
From 15 January 2021 there is a new form for all proposals in LIS programmes called “Project Description – Project Proposals in the Area of Scientific Library Services and Information Systems” (Interner LinkDFG form 53.35), which is also available via the elan portal. The old forms will still be accepted when submitting proposals during a transition period of three months.
- Interner LinkRenaming of Indexing and Digitisation programme to Digitisation and Indexing reflects modifications to programme
- Interner LinkDFG Funding Programme Open Access Publishing - Report on Funding (in German only)
- Link auf PDF-DateiFunding Information Infrastructures for Research. A DFG Strategy Paper (March 2018)
To establish effective information services and innovative information infrastructures suited to meet the needs of the research community at German universities and research institutionsEligibility Requirements
Scientific service institutions (such as libraries, archives, media and computer centres), research institutes and scientists or academics (Ph.D. required) from any discipline working at German research institutions. As a rule, only publicly funded institutions are eligible to apply.
The project should be of national significance for the provision of scientific literature in Germany.
Type and Extent of Funding
Funding for staff, instrumentation, travel expenses, miscellaneous costs (e.g. work contracts)
Time to Decision
Approximately 4 - 6 months
Forms and Guidelines
Funding opportunities offered by the Scientific Library Services and Information Systems Division are divided into programmes and calls for proposals.
Funding programmes are designed for the long term; as a rule, proposals may be submitted at any time and are not subject to deadlines. On the other hand, calls for proposals have a set time limit, and submissions are also requested by specific deadlines.
Acquisition and Supply
- Interner LinkFunding Programme: Specialised Information Services
- Interner LinkFunding Programme: Licences for Digital Content
Digitisation and Indexing
- Interner LinkFunding Programme: Digitisation and Indexing
Communication of Science, Research Data, eResearch
- Interner LinkFunding Programme: Infrastructures for Scholarly Publishing
- Interner LinkFunding Programme: Infrastructure for Electronic Publications and the Digital Communication of Science
- Interner LinkFunding Programme: Open Access Publication Funding
- Interner LinkFunding Programme: e-Research Technologies
- Interner LinkFunding Programme: Information Infrastructures for Research Data
Acquisition of Complete Literary Remains and Collections
- Link auf E-Maillis@dfg.de
Tel. +49 (0)228 / 885-2699
Fax. +49 (0)228 / 885-2272
- Link auf PDF-DateiContact details for members of the LIS Divisions (available in German only)