DFG Office Japan
DFG Tokyo Office
Japan has always been a strong and reliable partner for German science. Over the last few years there has been steady growth in the number of bilateral research collaborations and, more recently, a rise in joint initiatives for promoting young researchers, for instance through the establishment of German-Japanese Research Training Groups.
The DFG would like to consolidate and intensify these multifaceted German-Japanese scientific collaborations in future. The DFG office in Tokyo will assist German scientists and academics to expand their cooperative activities with Japanese colleagues, while also serving Japanese science as a drop-in centre on the way to Germany.
- To serve as a point of contact for scientists, scientific organisations and funding bodies in Japan.
- To maintain and intensify contacts with partner organisations and establish networks with other stakeholders located in Japan.
- To prepare and provide German science with analyses, evaluations, and reports regarding developments in Japanese science policy that are relevant to the DFG.
- To develop a “strategic philosophy of collaboration” with Japanese science, in consultation with the DFG Head Office in Bonn.
- To initiate collaborative projects, bilateral workshops and symposia in Japan and Germany to allow scientists to get acquainted with each other and to establish networks.
- Interner LinkDFG - Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS)
- Interner LinkDFG - Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Externer LinkDAAD Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst
- Externer LinkDIJ Deutsches Institut für Japanstudien
- Externer LinkDWIH Deutsches Wissenschafts- und Innovationshaus Tokyo
- Externer LinkFES Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung
- Externer LinkJDZB Japanisch-Deutsches Zentrum Berlin (JDZB)
- Externer LinkOAG Deutsche Gesellschaft für Natur- und Völkerkunde Ostasiens
- Externer LinkKAS Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung
The DFG Office Japan now offers comprehensive information about the DFG and its programmes in Japanese.