Trilateral Transfer Projects
The Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG, German Research Foundation) and the Fraunhofer Society, are strengthening cooperation in the area of knowledge transfer and will publish one joint call for proposals for transfer projects per year. Interner Linkmehr
The term 'knowledge transfer' refers to a transfer of knowledge between research and industry or the general public.
The idea: From technology transfer to knowledge transfer
As a major research funding organisation, the DFG has the unique potential to facilitate the application of a wide range of knowledge generated through basic research.
This knowledge could be very useful to industry and society.
Knowledge transfer is therefore an important activity for the DFG, and the organisation funds the transfer of knowledge between research and practice across all disciplines.
The goal: Innovation and mutual benefit
The DFG hopes that transfer funding will have a double effect, encouraging more economic and social innovation while enabling collaborative projects to stimulate new research questions and therefore further basic research.
Researchers working on transfer projects have the opportunity to take their research findings a step further and put them to practical use by working with non-academic partners (application partners) in a pre-competitive context. Knowledge transfer may take many different forms.
Additional Information on DFG Programmes and the Review Process
- Externer LinkAgriculture, Forestry and Veterinary Medicine
- Externer LinkConstruction Engineering and Architecture
- Externer LinkBiology
- Externer LinkChemistry
- Externer LinkComputer Science, Systems and Electrical Engineering
- Externer LinkHumanities
- Externer LinkGeosciences
- Externer LinkMechanical and Industrial Engineering
- Externer LinkMathematics
- Externer LinkMedicine
- Externer LinkPhysics
- Externer LinkSocial and Behavioural Sciences
- Externer LinkThermal Engineering/Process Engineering
- Externer LinkMaterials Science and Engineering
- Interner LinkFrequently asked questions about knowledge transfer
- Link auf PDF-DateiDFG-Flyer: Knowledge transfer (in German only)
Please send general enquiries about funding for transfer projects to:
- Christiane Mohren,
Telefon: + 49 228 885-2019,
Link auf E-Mailerkenntnistransfer@dfg.de