Trans-Atlantic Platform for Social Sciences and Humanities (T-AP)
T-AP, an unprecedented collaboration between humanities and social science research funders from South America, North America and Europe, is a collaboration between humanities and social science research funders. We have partnered to increase transatlantic research collaboration in the social sciences and humanities. This includes strengthening the supports for research cooperation and adopting policies to meet the needs of 21st century research.
T-AP aims to enhance the ability of funders, research organisations and researchers to engage in transnational dialogue and collaboration. It works to identify common challenges and promote a culture of collaboration in social science and humanities research. It facilitates the formation of networks within the social sciences and humanities and enables interdisciplinary collaboration. T-AP also strives to heighten awareness of the role the social sciences and humanities play in addressing 21st century challenges.
The Platform undertakes two types of activities:
- Offering joint calls for research in areas of strong potential for international collaboration.
- Collaborating to align policies and practices to facilitate international collaboration in the social sciences and humanities.
- Interner LinkRecovery, Renewal and Resilience in a Post-Pandemic World
Interner LinkInformation for Researchers No. 29 | 14 April 2021
The official call announcement (Call for Proposals and additional information) is published on the
FAPESP as administrating agency for the current call held two webinars to answer a number of questions. You can find the recordings on the FAPESP YouTube channel.
- Call announcement: 12 April 2021
- Webinars: April and May 2021
- Compulsory “Intention to Submit” form deadline: 14 June 2021
- Closing date for submissions of full proposals: 12 July 2021
- Notice of funding decision: TBS
- Successful projects start date: 1 March 2022
DFG Specific Information
German applicants have a choice whether they would like to apply for funding from DFG or from BMBF/DLR. They cannot submit their application to both funding organisations.
DFG-applicants are required to upload all proposal documents to elan by 14th July 2021. More information on eligibility for this call and submission of the proposal to elan can be found in the
Results of Previous Calls
- Results of First T-AP Call "Externer LinkDigging into Data "
- Results of Second T-AP Call "Externer LinkSocial Innovation "
If you have any questions regarding this call, please contact:
DFG contacts for the Trans-Atlantic Platform :