DFG Office Japan
DFG Tokyo Office
Japan is one of the DFG’s main partners in the Asia-Pacific region. The partnership with the funding agencies Japan Agency for Medical Research and Development (AMED), Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS) and Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST) is based on shared interests and values, as pursued jointly on global platforms such as the Global Research Council and the Funding Agencies Presidents Meeting.
In recent years, the DFG has been able to expand its bilateral collaborative activities into trilateral initiatives. Together with other European organisations and their local branch offices and also through the Delegation of the European Union to Japan, we are endeavouring to establish lasting and stable links between Europe and Japan. Currently there is also growing interest in multilateral approaches to broaden the network in the region by linking up with additional partners.
The DFG aims to contribute to increasing the opportunities available to the German research community in the region.
Award ceremony Eugen und Ilse Seibold-Prize
Heinz Maier-Leibnitz Prize Online Conference
In honour of DFG Heinz Maier-Leibnitz Prize winners of 2019, Prof. Dr. Stefan Aykut at the University of Hamburg and Dr. Jonathan Donges at the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research, the DFG and the German Centre for Research and Innovation Tokyo are presenting the second Heinz Maier-Leibnitz-Prize Online Conference. Interner Linkmore
Results of Call by DFG and JSPS
The DFG and Japan Society for the Promotion of Science are funding joint Japanese-German research projects in the field of Materials Science and Engineering for Energy Storage, Conversion, and Transport. Based on the recommendation of a team of Japanese and German reviewers 8 projects have been selected for funding.
„Research in Germany“ at the LT29 Conference
DFG-Office Japan will present RiG at the 29th International Conference on Low Temperature Physics from 18th to 24th August in Sapporo. The hybrid conference will feature a RiG information booth and an online platform for networking and information on funding programmes. Interner Linkmore
- To serve as a point of contact for scientists, scientific organisations and funding bodies in Japan.
- To maintain and intensify contacts with partner organisations and establish networks with other stakeholders located in Japan.
- To prepare and provide German science with analyses, evaluations, and reports regarding developments in Japanese science policy that are relevant to the DFG.
- To develop a “strategic philosophy of collaboration” with Japanese science, in consultation with the DFG Head Office in Bonn.
- To initiate collaborative projects, bilateral workshops and symposia in Japan and Germany to allow scientists to get acquainted with each other and to establish networks.
- Interner Link mit AnkerDFG - Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS)
- Interner Link mit AnkerDFG - Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Interner Link mit AnkerDFG - Japan Agency for Medical Research and Development (AMED)
- Externer LinkDAAD Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst
- Externer LinkDIJ Deutsches Institut für Japanstudien
- Externer LinkDWIH Deutsches Wissenschafts- und Innovationshaus Tokyo
- Externer LinkFES Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung
- Externer LinkJDZB Japanisch-Deutsches Zentrum Berlin (JDZB)
- Externer LinkOAG Deutsche Gesellschaft für Natur- und Völkerkunde Ostasiens
- Externer LinkKAS Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung
The DFG Office Japan now offers comprehensive information about the DFG and its programmes in Japanese.