Information for Researchers No. 24 | 30 April 2020
Instructions for Project Proposals Restructured and Updated
Individual research grants, projects in Research Units, Clinical Research Units and Priority Programmes, Emmy Noether Programme
The Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG, German Research Foundation) has responded to increasing requirements in recent years and has structurally adapted its instructions for project proposals. The changes affect the project description in proposals relating to individual research grants, the Emmy Noether Programme, Research Units, Clinical Research Units and Priority Programmes.
In addition to the core scientific section, project proposals include a range of additional information. Since the total number of pages continues to be limited, in future there will be a set number of pages for the core scientific section. Appropriate space will be allowed for the additional information, which addresses topics whose relevance may vary considerably depending on the project and subject area.
Information on the research context has now been restructured, with the addition of the following points:
- Question on the relevance of sex, gender and diversity (form 54.01, section 4).
- Note on ethical and/or legal issues in research, in relation to all fields (form 54.01, section 5.1.1).
- Handling of genetic resources or associated traditional knowledge from other countries, particularly the Nagoya Protocol to the Convention on Biological Diversity, benefit-sharing (form 54.01, section 5.1.4).
- In connection with the question on security-relevant aspects, a note on foreign trade regulations (form 54.01, section 5.1.5).
- In connection with the composition of the project group, a note on diversity (form 54.01, section 6.3).
- For other German participants and cooperation partners abroad with whom a concrete cooperation agreement has been concluded, from now on this agreement must be attached to the proposal (form 54.01, sections 6.4 and 6.5).
Other additional information has been updated, in particular relating to the handling of research data generated in the project (form 54.01, section 5.2) and explanations on animal experiments (form 54.01, section 5.1.3).
As a transitional arrangement, proposals in line with the previous structure will be accepted until 30 October 2020. Other programmes will be successively updated and the relevant forms made available online.
The new forms are available under:
The DFG's elan portal is available at:
DFG programme contacts are listed at:
This text is available at
Externer Linkwww.dfg.de/en/research_funding/announcements_proposals/2020/ info_wissenschaft_20_24
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item.