Scientific Library Services and Information Systems (LIS)
As part of the Scientific Library Services and Information Systems programme the DFG funds projects at libraries, archives and other scientific service and information centres in Germany. The aim is to set up nationwide efficient research information systems.
To establish effective information services and innovative information infrastructures suited to meet the needs of the research community at German universities and research institutionsEligibility Requirements
Scientific service institutions (such as libraries, archives, media and computer centres), research institutes and scientists or academics (Ph.D. required) from any discipline working at German research institutions. As a rule, only publicly funded institutions are eligible to apply.
The project should be of national significance for the provision of scientific literature in Germany.
Type and Extent of Funding
Funding for staff, instrumentation, travel expenses, miscellaneous costs (e.g. work contracts)
Time to Decision
Approximately 4 - 6 months
Forms and Guidelines
Funding opportunities offered by the Scientific Library Services and Information Systems Division are divided into programmes and calls for proposals.
Funding programmes are designed for the long term; as a rule, proposals may be submitted at any time and are not subject to deadlines. On the other hand, calls for proposals have a set time limit, and submissions are also requested by specific deadlines.
Acquisition and Supply
- Interner LinkFunding Programme: Specialised Information Services
- Interner LinkFunding Programme: Licences for Digital Content
Indexing and Digitisation
Communication of Science, Research Data, eResearch
- Interner LinkFunding Programme: Infrastructure for Electronic Publications and the Digital Communication of Science
- Interner LinkFunding Programme: Open Access Publishing
- Interner LinkFunding Programme: e-Research Technologies
- Interner LinkFunding Programme: Information Infrastructures for Research Data
Acquisition of Complete Literary Remains and Collections
- Link auf E-Maillis@dfg.de
Tel. +49 (0)228 / 885-2699
Fax. +49 (0)228 / 885-2272
- Link auf PDF-DateiContact details for members of the LIS Divisions (available in German only)