Research grants enable individuals who have completed their academic training to conduct at any time research projects with clearly defined topics and durations, regardless of the subject.
To enable scientists and academics to carry out a research project on a specifically defined topic within a limited time period.
Qualified researchers (as a rule, those holding a doctorate) from all disciplines working at German research institutions
Researchers working at institutions which serve purely commercial purposes or those who are not permitted to publish findings in a generally accessible form are not eligible to apply.
A research project of high scientific quality and originality, carried out at an international level
Type and Extent of Funding
- Interner LinkBasic Module
- Interner LinkTemporary Positions for Principal Investigators
- Interner LinkReplacements
- Interner LinkTemporary Substitutes for Clinicians
- Interner LinkProject-Specific Workshops
- Interner LinkMercator Fellows
- Interner LinkPublic Relations
The duration of funding is based on the individual project needs (as a rule, several years).
Forms and Guidelines