The DFG Office in Latin America
The DFG Office in São Paulo serves as an administrative branch and point of contact for advising and mentoring local researchers and research institutes. It already boasts a strong regional network of partner organisations.
This cooperation between institutions facilitates the initiation and execution of joint and co-funded research projects in all scientific fields.
Are you looking for information on research cooperation, DFG fellowships or postdoc programmes? Or do you have any other questions regarding the DFG? Come visit us at one of the following events:
April 24-26, São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
Interner LinkLeibniz Lecture – Prof. Dr. Michael Brecht
Dr. Michael Brecht, professor at the Bernstein Center for Computational Neuroscience Berlin, will deliver two Leibniz Lectures in Brazil entitled „Sex, Touch & Tickle - the Cortical Neurobiology of Physical Contact”.
- May 13-18, Cancún – Mexico
Externer LinkVII Congress of the Latin American Association of Immunology (ALAI)
Research in Germany – Together with the DAAD and the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, the DFG will inform attendees at the Latin American Immunology Congress (ALAI) in Mexico about research and funding opportunities in Germany. On 16 May, from 12.30 - 1.30 p.m., there will be an informative lunch session on Germany as a research location, to which all congress attendees are warmly invited.
Programme and link to registration available soon.
Latin America’s scientific potential is constantly growing, and the region is becoming increasingly significant for science. Interest in cooperation with research partners in this region is growing considerably among German researchers. This applies particularly to the countries of Brazil, Mexico, Chile, Argentina and Columbia, whose scientific systems are very advanced.
São Paulo is an important research and economic location, and the 2011 establishment of the DFG’s Latin American office there under the auspices of the DWIH (German House of Science and Innovation) will enable its strategic development to be effectively expanded and developed further.
The cooperation between partner organisations facilitates the initiation and execution of joint and co-funded research projects in all scientific fields.
- Externer LinkCONICET - Consejo Nacional de Investigaciones Científicas y Técnicas (The National Scientific and Technical Research Council)
- Externer LinkMINCYT - Ministerio de Ciencia, Tecnología e Innovación Productiva
- Externer LinkCAPES - Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior (Coordination for the Improvement of Higher Education Personnel)
- Externer LinkCNPq - Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (National Council for Scientific and Technological Development)
- Externer LinkFAPEMIG - Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de Minas Gerais (The Minas Gerais Research Support Foundation)
- Externer LinkFAPERJ - Fundação Carlos Chagas Filho de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de Rio de Janeiro
- Externer LinkFAPESP - Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (The State of São Paulo Research Foundation)
- Externer LinkCONICYT - Comisión Nacional de Investigación Científica y Tecnológica (The National Commission for Scientific and Technological Research)
- Externer LinkCOLCIENCIAS - Departamento Colombiano para el Desarrollo de la Ciencia y la Tecnología (The Administrative Department of Science, Technology and Innovation)
- Externer LinkUniandes - Universidad de los Andes
Office Latin America
- Dr. Kathrin Winkler
c/o German House of Science and Innovation
R. Verbo Divino, 1488
CEP: 04719-904 São Paulo – SP, Brazil
Phone: +55 11 5189 8308
Phone DFG Bonn: +49 228 885 4550
Fax: +55 11 5189 8309
- Laura Redondo de Campos
Link auf E-Maillatinamerica@dfg.de
- Dr. Dietrich Halm
DFG Head Office
Link auf E-MailDietrich.Halm@dfg.de