The DFG Office in Latin America
The DFG Office in São Paulo serves as an administrative branch and point of contact for advising and mentoring local researchers and research institutes. It already boasts a strong regional network of partner organisations.
This cooperation between institutions facilitates the initiation and execution of joint and co-funded research projects in all scientific fields.
Universities Discuss Internationalisation
In December, representatives of various research institutions in northern Brazil met to discuss internationalisation in the region. The meeting was held at the Federal University of Pará (UFPA). Interner Linkmore
Launch of Interactive Tool for the New Year
The DFG was represented in over fifteen cities in six countries at events and meetings with partner organisations in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Costa Rica, Colombia and Mexico. Interner Linkmore
The research location Germany
October was an eventful month for science in Argentina. Firstly, with the publication by the DFG, together with its Argentinian partner organisation CONICET, of an announcement for funding of German-Argentinian research projects. Interner Linkmore
© DWIH São Paulo
Open Day at DWIH São Paulo
The DFG Office Latin America invites visitors to come and learn about its work and the collaboration and funding opportunities available. The event will include the opening of the DFG exhibition “The Brazilian World Heritage Site of Serra da Capivara – The Oldest Traces of Settlement in America?” at the German Centre for Research and Innovation (DWIH).
- 3 October 2018, São Paulo, Brazil
- Externer LinkFurther Information (in Portuguese)
42nd ANPOCS Annual Meeting
At the annual meeting of the Brazilian National Association of Postgraduate Studies and Research in Social Sciences, the Research in Germany initiative is organising a lunch session and an information stand to make social scientists aware of the research and funding opportunities available in Germany.
Latin America’s scientific potential is constantly growing, and the region is becoming increasingly significant for science. Interest in cooperation with research partners in this region is growing considerably among German researchers. This applies particularly to the countries of Brazil, Mexico, Chile, Argentina and Columbia, whose scientific systems are very advanced.
São Paulo is an important research and economic location, and the 2011 establishment of the DFG’s Latin American office there under the auspices of the DWIH (German House of Science and Innovation) will enable its strategic development to be effectively expanded and developed further.
The cooperation between partner organisations facilitates the initiation and execution of joint and co-funded research projects in all scientific fields.
- Externer LinkCONICET - Consejo Nacional de Investigaciones Científicas y Técnicas (The National Scientific and Technical Research Council)
- Externer LinkMINCYT - Ministerio de Ciencia, Tecnología e Innovación Productiva
- Externer LinkCAPES - Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior (Coordination for the Improvement of Higher Education Personnel)
- Externer LinkCNPq - Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (National Council for Scientific and Technological Development)
- Externer LinkFAPEMIG - Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de Minas Gerais (The Minas Gerais Research Support Foundation)
- Externer LinkFAPERJ - Fundação Carlos Chagas Filho de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de Rio de Janeiro
- Externer LinkFAPESP - Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (The State of São Paulo Research Foundation)
- Externer LinkCONICYT - Comisión Nacional de Investigación Científica y Tecnológica (The National Commission for Scientific and Technological Research)
- Externer LinkCOLCIENCIAS - Departamento Colombiano para el Desarrollo de la Ciencia y la Tecnología (The Administrative Department of Science, Technology and Innovation)
- Externer LinkUniandes - Universidad de los Andes
Office Latin America
- Dr. Kathrin Winkler
c/o German House of Science and Innovation
R. Verbo Divino, 1488
CEP: 04719-904 São Paulo – SP, Brazil
Phone: +55 11 5189 8308
Phone DFG Bonn: +49 228 885 4550
Fax: +55 11 5189 8309
- Laura Redondo de Campos
Link auf E-Maillatinamerica@dfg.de
- Dr. Dietrich Halm
DFG Head Office
Link auf E-MailDietrich.Halm@dfg.de