- To serve as a point of contact for scientists, scientific organisations and funding bodies in Japan.
- To maintain and intensify contacts with partner organisations and establish networks with other stakeholders located in Japan.
- To prepare and provide German science with analyses, evaluations, and reports regarding developments in Japanese science policy that are relevant to the DFG.
- To develop a “strategic philosophy of collaboration” with Japanese science, in consultation with the DFG Head Office in Bonn.
- To initiate collaborative projects, bilateral workshops and symposia in Japan and Germany to allow scientists to get acquainted with each other and to establish networks.
Printable version of a page from the website of the DFG (German Research Foundation)