Information für die Wissenschaft Nr. 29 | 14. April 2021
Recovery, Renewal and Resilience in a Post-Pandemic World
The Trans-Atlantic Platform for Social Sciences and Humanities (T-AP) is delighted to launch its third joint research call on “Recovery, Renewal and Resilience in a Post-Pandemic World” (RRR call).
The COVID-19 pandemic is a major crisis that touches on all aspects of health, social, economic, political, and cultural life. The T-AP research call aims to address key gaps in our understanding of the dynamic and complex interaction of medium and long-term societal effects of the COVID-19 pandemic. This understanding, in turn, should advance knowledge of how to mitigate the negative societal effects of the COVID-19 pandemic and support recovery and renewal in a post-pandemic world. Applicants are required to submit novel interdisciplinary and significant research proposals in the social sciences and humanities.
Applicants must apply as a transnational research project partnership. Each project must comprise at least three eligible principal investigators from at least three different T-AP participating countries from both sides of the Atlantic.
Applicants are invited to read all application materials carefully before applying.
Proposals of the RRR call must be submitted by the lead principal investigator via the online submission system SAGe, hosted by the São Paulo Research Foundation (FAPESP), which acts as the administrator for the RRR call.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to contact the relevant national contact persons and to ensure that all call requirements and eligibility criteria of the funding organisations from which funding is requested are fully met.
The following funding organisations participate in the RRR call:
- Brazil: São Paulo Research Foundation (FAPESP)
- Canada: International Development Research Centre (IDRC)
- Canada: Social Sciences & Humanities Research Council (SSHRC)
- Canada: Fonds de recherche du Québec – Société et Culture (FRQSC)
- Colombia: Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation (MinCiencas)
- Croatia: Croatian Science Foundation (HRZZ)
- Finland: Academy of Finland (AKA)
- France: Agence Nationale de la Recherche (ANR)
- Germany: Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) / DLR Project Management Agency (DLR-PT)
- Germany: Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG, German Research Foundation)
- Poland: National Science Centre (NCN)
- South Africa: National Research Foundation (NRF)
- Switzerland: Swiss National Science Foundation (SNF)
- United Kingdom: UK Research and Innovation – Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC)
- United Kingdom: UK Research and Innovation – Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC)
- United States of America: National Science Foundation (NSF)
- Call announcement: 12 April 2021
- Webinars: April and May 2021
- Compulsory “Intention to Submit” form deadline: 14 June 2021
- Closing date for submissions of full proposals: 12 July 2021
- Notice of funding decision: TBS
- Successful projects start date: 1 March 2022
Please note the DFG’s data protection notice on research funding (see link below). If necessary, please also forward this information to those individuals whose data will be processed by the DFG due to their involvement in your project.
The official call announcement (Call for Proposals and additional information) is published on the T-AP website:
If you have any questions, please contact:
For the DFG’s data protection notice on research funding, please refer to:
- Dr. Niklas Hebing
phone +49 228 885-2949
Link auf E-Mailniklas.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Anna Knaps
phone +49 228 885-2050
Link auf E-Mailanna.email@example.com
- Sigrid Claßen
phone +49 228 885-2209
Link auf E-Mailsigrid.firstname.lastname@example.org
This text is available at
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item.