The first NFDI conference was held on 13 and 14 May 2019 at the Maritim Hotel in Bonn.
The NFDI conference had three aims. First, the DFG provided representatives of prospective consortia with information about the NFDI, its overall aims, and key points relating to proposal submission. Second, it was designed to enable the prospective consortia to discuss relevant issues with each other and with international experts. Third, the conference supported self-organisation and networking between the consortia in relation to cross-consortia services, services relevant to particular research areas or data, and other matters.
Requirements for participation
All representatives of prospective consortia, regardless of their anticipated proposal submission date, were asked to submit an extended abstract (in English, max. 6 pages) by the end of March 2019. This was a prerequisite for participation in the May conference. In addition to providing formal details, the extended abstract contained information about user requirements and the objectives of the intended consortium.
The extended abstract was intended solely as preparation for the NFDI conference. It was non-binding with regard to any later proposal and review and reflected the status of discussions and planning immediately prior to the conference.
The extended abstracts were made available to conference participants in advance for preparation purposes.
- Link auf PDF-DateiPurpose and Vision of the National Research Data Infrastructure, Prof. Dr.-Ing. Frank Allgöwer, Chair of the NFDI Expert Committee
- Link auf PDF-DateiOverview of Extended Abstracts, Dr. Ulrike Eickhoff, DFG Head Office
- Link auf PDF-DateiImpulses of the Federal Council for Information Infrastructures, Prof. Dr. Petra Gehring, Chair of the Council of Information Infrastructures
- Link auf PDF-DateiImpressions from First Day, Prof. Dr.-Ing. Frank Allgöwer, Chair of the NFDI Expert Commit-tee
- Link auf PDF-DateiPlenary Presentation of Findings from Working Sessions
- Link auf PDF-DateiStellungnahme des NFDI-Expertengremiums (currently in German only)
Phone +49 228 885-3500
E-mail Link auf E-Mailnfdi@dfg.de