Information for Researchers No. 65 | 16 October 2019
Considering Intersectionality in Research – Funding Agency Perspectives
Joint African-German Call / Commissioned Paper Terms of Reference
The Science Granting Councils Initiative in Sub-Saharan Africa (SGCI), the Organization of Women in Science for the Developing World (OWSD) South African National Chapter, and the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG, German Research Foundation) are partnering to contribute to greater understanding of intersectionality in the context of research funding.
Through this partnership, a research paper is commissioned contextualising intersectionality to research funding with a focus on:
- Deepening an understanding of intersectionality;
- Documenting examples of intersectional research being undertaken in SGCI participating countries and beyond;
- Sharing practices by public funding agencies on considering intersectionality in executing their mandate of funding research; and
- Providing recommendations as guidelines to public funding agencies.
The deadline for submission of proposals is 28 October 2019 at 23:59 South African Standard Time (SAST; 23:59 CET).
Details about this assignment are available at:
Submission of proposals:
- All submissions should be made directly via email at Penelope Chauke, Link auf E-Mailpenelope.email@example.com.
For details on the SGCI, please visit:
For further information on this call for proposals and on diversity measures at DFG, please contact:
- Ines Medved, Link auf E-Mailchancengleichheit@dfg.de
For further information on DFG’s cooperations with African partner organisations, please contact:
- Markus Wilms, Link auf E-Mailmarcus.firstname.lastname@example.org
This text is available at
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item.