Research in Germany at the 46th IUPAC World Chemistry Congress in São Paulo
(03.07.17) The Research in Germany initiative will be present at the 46th IUPAC World Chemistry Congress in Sao Paulo, to be held from 9th to 14th July at the World Trade Center.
At the Research in Germany booth, representatives of the German Research Foundation (DFG) will provide information and individual consultation on research opportunities such as summer schools, post-graduate and PhD courses, post-doc positions, scientific cooperation as well as fellowships and funding programs.
Together with the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) and the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, the DFG will also promote a Science Lunch at the congress, to be held on July 11th, from 12:35 to 14:20 at Sala São Paulo.
In the event, five researchers from different German institutions will give an insight into the country’s research landscape and present their own research work. Following an introduction of the scientists and brief presentations of the participating funding organizations, attendees will have the chance to mingle in different groups, chat on a one-to-one basis and seek in-depth advice in a relaxed atmosphere.
The event is free of charge and includes food and beverages.
- Prof. Dr. Karl Leo, Department of Applied Physics - Technical University of Dresden
- Prof. Dr. Katharina Landfester, Department of Physical Chemistry and Polymers - Max Planck Institute for Polymer Research
- Prof. Dr. Eric Meggers, Department of Chemistry - University of Marburg
- Prof. Dr. Marcelo Calderón, Department of Organic and Macromolecular Chemistry - Freie Universität Berlin
- Prof. Dr. Ekkehardt Hahn, Department of Inorganic and Analytical Chemistry -University of Münster
Exchange and Fellowship Programmes of the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
Maria Julia Torres, DAAD Office Rio de Janeiro
Funding Programmes of the German Research Foundation (DFG)
Dr. Ilka Paulus, DFG Head Office in Bonn, Germany
Opportunities offered by the Alexander von Humboldt-Foundation
Prof. Dr. Vânia Gomes Zuin, Department of Chemistry - Federal University of São Carlos (UFSCar)
Lunch and networking