Information für die Wissenschaft Nr. 76 | 26. Oktober 2017
New Edition of the French-German Call for Proposals in the Natural, Life and Engineering Sciences (ANR-DFG 2018 NLE)
The French Agence Nationale de la Recherche (ANR) and the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG; German Research Foundation) have agreed to continue their yearly joint calls for French-German projects in the Natural, Life and Engineering Sciences. For the 2018 edition, DFG will act as the lead agency, i.e., joint proposals have to be submitted to DFG, which will be responsible for the administrative treatment and to conduct the review process.
Proposals in Social Science or Humanities have to be submitted in the dedicated ANR-DFG call in Social Sciences and Humanities (with separate deadlines), including transdisciplinary projects when they propose an approach mainly centered on these fields, and/or when the principal investigator is one from the Social Sciences/Humanities.
Full proposals for joint bilateral research projects in Natural Sciences, Life Sciences, and Engineering Sciences – with exception of Space Technology, Nuclear Research and Defense – can be submitted electronically via DFG’s elan portal starting 13 November 2017 and at latest on 10 January 2018.
The French partners are asked to send a copy of the proposal and an online form with the financial and administrative data to ANR. ANR’s deadline is 11 January 2018 at 1 p. m. Further information can be found on the ANR website, in the generic call for proposals 2018 page and the ANR-DFG annex.
- DFG’s dedicated webpage for this call will provide a template for the joint proposals, which are to be written in English.
- The respective eligibility rules of ANR and DFG apply to the applicants of a joint proposal.
- Commercial partners cannot be involved in joint ANR-DFG projects.
- The duration of the projects can be up to three years.
- Assessment of all applications will be made by the DFG according to its rules for the individual grants programme within the regular competition. The success rate to be expected is determined by the lower one of the success rates of both agencies in their respective national programmes.
- In case of approval, the research projects will be funded by each partner institution. Funding will be granted from the regular budgets of ANR and DFG, according to the known rules for funding.
- Decisions can be expected in October 2018. Funding will start with the beginning of 2019.
For further information on eligibility criteria, submission procedures, the specific template, contacts and status updates please refer to:
This text is available at Interner Linkwww.dfg.de/foerderung/info_wissenschaft/2017/info_wissenschaft_17_76/. Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item.