Information für die Wissenschaft Nr. 53 | 24. September 2014
ANR-DFG Cooperation 2015
In 2012, the Agence Nationale de la Recherche (ANR) and the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG, German Research Foundation) agreed on a joint funding initiative open to the fields of the Natural, Life and Engineering Sciences including interdisciplinary research – with exception of Cancer and AIDS Research, Space Technology, Nuclear Research and Defense. Following up on this successful collaboration, ANR and DFG recently arranged a continuation. The Humanities and Social Sciences have not been included because of their separately implemented bilateral ANR-DFG programme.
The ANR-DFG Cooperation 2015 will be managed as a unilateral lead agency procedure with ANR serving as the lead agency.
- The duration of the projects could be up to three years.
- For German applicants DFG’s regular eligibility criteria apply.
- Assessment of all applications will be made by the ANR according to its rules for the generic call.
- The DFG funding decisions will be based on ANR’s evaluation results. DFG’s decision making will be according to its regular procedure. Decisions can be expected in October 2015.
- In case of approval, the research projects will be funded by each partner institution. Funding will be granted from the regular budgets of ANR and DFG.
- Please note: The anticipated funding rate might be lower than DFG’s national rate.
According to ANR and its rules a two-step procedure applies:
- Pre-registration: Applicants have to pre-register at the dedicated ANR website by 18 November 2014, 13h CET.
This pre-registration is crucial – otherwise a full proposal cannot be submitted.
Please refer to the specific link below.
- Full proposals must be submitted to ANR until 27 April 2015, 13h CET.
Proposals received after the deadline will not be eligible.
Please note: For technical reasons all application data and files have to be uploaded to the DFG via its submission system “elan” as well. “ANR/DFG 2015” will be found under “Call for proposals” in due time.
ANR website on ANR DFG Cooperation 2015:
ANR online pre-registration:
For scientific queries please choose the respective programme director in the DFG by using the following link:
Contact for international cooperation queries:
- Dr. Priya Bondre-Beil,
phone +49 228 885-2372
This announcement has been edited on 19.02.2015.