Information für die Wissenschaft Nr. 63 | 12. Dezember 2011
New Deadline for Submission of New Proposals for German-Brazilian Individual Grants within the Brazilian-German Collaborative Research Initiative in Manufacturing Technology – BRAGECRIM Phase II (2012–2014)
According to the Memorandum of Understanding of BRAGECRIM (Brazilian-German Collaborative Research Initiative in Manufacturing Technology) between the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG, German Research Foundation) and her Brazilian Partner Organisations CAPES, CNPq, and FINEP, researchers of the area of manufacturing technology, including processes involved in the production chain such as material, production, service, maintenance, repair and later recycling of components are invited to submit joint German-Brazilian research projects until 16 January 2012 (see Annex to this document). This submission deadline replaces the formerly published date of 21 December 2011 in the call for proposals No 56.
The proposals for German-Brazilian projects have to be submitted to the DFG according to the following rules:
- The cooperation with Brazilian partners, which is a prerequisite for proposal submission, has to be based on an already existing cooperation between these partners for at least one year.
- Researchers can apply for a funding period of up to two years.
- The German part of the proposal has to be set up according to the Guidelines and Proposal Preparation Instructions for Research Grants (DFG-form 50.01 and 54.01).
- The proposals have to be written in English language in order to make possible a review by international reviewers.
- The proposal of the Brazilian partner has to be sent as an annex to the DFG-Proposal.
In addition to the guidelines of the DFG, the following considerations have to be taken into account:
- Description of already jointly realised scientific-technological cooperation and exchange between the German and Brazilian partners on which the submitted proposal is based.
- Description of the added value of the cooperation in comparison to a proposal without international cooperation.
- Description, how the proposal is related to the overall topic of BRAGECRIM.
The Brazilian partners submit their proposals in parallel to CAPES. The proponents have to be eligible according to the guidelines of CAPES. The German cooperation partners have to be mentioned in the Brazilian proposal. Information according to the call on the Brazilian side including formal aspects and evaluation are available at CAPES.
DFG and CAPES plan a joint evaluation of the corresponding German and Brazilian proposals within a mixed German-Brazilian Review Board. DFG and CAPES decide jointly on the funding of the submitted proposals on the base of the statements of the reviewers. The reviewers vote exclusively on the base of information which is given in the proposals. Therefore, in order to provide a valuable base for the evaluation in the interest of the proponents, the formulation of the proposals should be well defined, especially for the working plans and the description of the added value of the German-Brazilian cooperation.
Guideline 50.01 and Proposal Preparation Instructions 54.01:
Contacts at DFG:
Manufacturing, Engineering Sciences:
- Dr.-Ing. Ferdinand Hollmann, Programme Director
Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG)
Phone: +49 228 885-2277
Fax: +49 228 885-2777
Link auf E-MailFerdinand.Hollmann@dfg.de
International Cooperation with Brazil:
- Dr. Dietrich Halm, Director
Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG)
DFG Office Latin America
c/o German House of Science and Innovation
Rua Verbo Divino,1488
CEP: 04719-904 São Paulo – SP, Brazil
Phone +55 11 8124-3130
Link auf E-MailDietrich.Halm@dfg.de
Contact at CAPES:
- Luis Filipe de Miranda Grochocki
Coordenador de Programas da Cooperação Sul-Norte
Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior (CAPES)
Setor Bancário Norte, Quadra 2,
Bloco L, Lote 06
Brasília – DF
Phone: +55 61 2022-6667
Link auf E-Mailluis.firstname.lastname@example.org