Advisory and Decision-Making Bodies
The Senate Committee on Collaborative Research Centres
- is appointed by the DFG's Senate
- is composed of up to 40 researchers who automatically serve on the Grants Committee on Collaborative Research Centres as representatives of the scientific community
- has members that serve as rapporteurs on initiative consultation panels and in on-site reviews of Collaborative Research Centres
- discusses the results of consultation panels on initiatives
- prepares strategies for further developing the Collaborative Research Centre programme.
The Grants Committee on Collaborative Research Centres
- is composed of all scientific members of the DFG's Senate Committee (numbering up to 40), one representative of the federal government, and one representative from each of the 16 federal states
- decides on funding for each Collaborative Research Centre in the relevant fiscal year
- decides on the further development of the Collaborative Research Centre programme. If fundamental questions arise that involve other DFG funding programmes, the DFG Joint Committee will address these questions upon recommendation by the Grants Committee on Collaborative Research Centres.