Information for Researchers No. 18 | 24 April 2018
DFG-CAPES Collaborative Research Initiative
Joint call for the formation of Brazilian-German research projects in the fields of Chemistry and Industry 4.0, Advanced Digitalisation
Within the scope of their Cooperation Agreement, the Brazilian Federal Agency for Support and Evaluation of Graduate Education (CAPES) and the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG, German Research Foundation) are glad to announce a joint call for German-Brazilian research projects in the field of Chemistry and in the field of Manufacturing Engineering, especially Industry 4.0, Advanced Digitalisation. For the future, it is intended that the researchers of the funded bilateral projects in each discipline collaborate with each other by means of workshops, meetings or other collaborative activities.
The proposals for German-Brazilian research projects have to be submitted to the DFG according to the following rules:
- The cooperation with Brazilian partners, which is a prerequisite for proposal submission, has to be based on an already existing cooperation between these partners with substantial preliminary joint research.
- Researchers can apply for a funding period of up to two years with the possibility of renewal of two more years.
- Proposals have to be written in English and must be submitted to both organisations in parallel in accordance with the proposal preparation requirements of each side, respectively. For German groups this means submission via the DFG elan system according to the guidelines for the Research Grants Programme (DFG form 50.01).
- After the log-in, please use the respective link “Proposal for a Research Grant” in the Proposal Forms column. Please, select as the relevant call: DFG-CAPES CRI 2018.
- The proposal of the Brazilian partner has to be submitted as an annex to the DFG-Proposal.
- The proposals have to be submitted to DFG and CAPES by 26 July 2018.
In addition to the guidelines of the DFG, the following considerations have to be taken into account:
- Description of already jointly realised scientific-technological cooperation and exchange between the German and Brazilian partners on which the submitted proposal is based.
- Description of the added value of the cooperation in comparison to a proposal without international cooperation.
The Brazilian researchers submit their proposals with an identical scientific core in parallel to CAPES. The proponents have to be eligible according to the guidelines of CAPES. The German cooperation partners have to be mentioned in the Brazilian proposal. Information according to the call on the Brazilian side including formal aspects and evaluation are available at CAPES. Funding for approved proposals will be provided approximately 13 months after the launch of the call.
These opportunities follow the general DFG funding lines and budgets. There are no additional funds available, and proposals must succeed on the strengths of their intellectual merit in comparison with other proposals. Funding of the joint research projects is contingent upon positive assessment by all funding organisations. Joint German-Brazilian projects will be co-funded by CAPES; unilateral funding of only one part of the project is not possible.
For more details on the DFG-CAPES Collaborative Research Initiative please refer to:
- Link auf PDF-Dateiwww.dfg.de/download/pdf/foerderung/internationales/ ifw_dfg_capes_collaborative_research_initiative_annex.pdf
To submit a proposal to the DFG, please follow the “Guidelines for the Research Grants Programme“ (form 50.01) and the ”Proposal Preparation Instructions – Project Proposals” (form 54.01) under:
General information for German principal investigators on research grants may be found at:
Further general information on elan:
Contact person at the DFG in Bonn, Germany:
- Dr. Dietrich Halm,
phone +49 228 885-2347,
Link auf E-Maildietrich.email@example.com
For Industry 4.0 and Advanced Digitalisation:
- Dr. Ferdinand Hollmann,
phone +49 228 885-2277,
Link auf E-Mailferdinand.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Daniel Pursche,
phone +49 228 885-2389,
Link auf E-Maildaniel.email@example.com
Contact person at the DFG Office Latin America in São Paulo, Brazil:
- Dr. Kathrin Winkler,
phone +55 11 5189 8308 (BR)
or +49 228 885-4550 (D),
Link auf E-Maillatinamerica@dfg.de
Information on the call for the Brazilian side are available at CAPES (in Portuguese):
- Externer Linkhttp://www.capes.gov.br/cooperacao-internacional/alemanha/programa-de-iniciativa-de-pesquisa-colaborativa-capes-dfg
Name of the call: PIPC – PROGRAMA DE INICIATIVA DE PESQUISA COLABORATIVA
Contact at CAPES:
This text is available at Interner Linkwww.dfg.de/foerderung/info_wissenschaft/2018/info_wissenschaft_18_18. Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item.