Information for Researchers No. 7 | 7 February 2019
TWAS-DFG Cooperation Visits Programme
Based on the agreement with The World Academy of Sciences for the Advancement of Science in Developing Countries (TWAS), the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG, German Research Foundation) calls attention of researchers at German institutes to the opportunity to invite early career African scientists (Postdocs) from Sub-Saharan Africa of all academic fields for a three-month research based cooperation visit at their institute in Germany.
DFG will provide the host institute with a monthly allowance for the grantee, covering subsistence costs and daily expense, local transport, visa costs etc., and with a lump sum for the institute as project expense allowance for material and laboratory costs. Furthermore, DFG will provide the grantee with a return air and train ticket from the airport of the home country to the host institute and with travel health insurance in kind.
- Come from a sub-Saharan African country and
- Hold a research position at an institution in a sub-Saharan African country;
- Hold a PhD which they have obtained within the last five years at the time of the deadline;
- Not be already on site in Germany or working in an ongoing intensive research sooperation with the intended host.
- For repeated research visits, especially with the aim to elaborate joint research proposals, the German hosts can submit proposals within the programme "Initiation of International Collaboration".
Proposals must be submitted by the African scientists to TWAS by 1 April 2019.
- Externer LinkThe TWAS-DFG Cooperation Visits Programme and application documents
- Interner LinkInformation on the DFG programme "Initiation of International Collaboration"
- DFG's International Affairs Division
Link auf E-Mailtwasfirstname.lastname@example.org