Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (German Research Foundation – DFG) - Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Government of the Republic of India
The Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Government of the Republic of India and the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (German Research Foundation – DFG), Germany joined hands to reflect and strengthen the Indo- German co-operation in the field of Biotechnology. On 25 October 2012, a Program of cooperation (PoC) was signed by both organizations to support research collaborations on the basis of equality and mutual benefit between the scientists from universities and research institutions. The agreement will facilitate individual and institutional bilateral research projects through appropriate funding mechanisms.
The funding will cover:
- Research Grants (Bilateral research grants on one-to-one basis)
- Mobility Grants
- Workshops, Seminars etc.
- Other funding mechanisms such as Indo-German “International Research Training Groups (ITRGs)”, “Collaborative Research Centers (CRCs)” or, on case-to-case basis after mutual consent of both the organizations i.e. DBT and DFG.
In the field of biotechnology:
- Medical Biotechnology
- Agricultural Biotechnology
- Innovative Food & Nutrition technology
- Medical devices and bioengineering
- Environmental biotechnology
- Any other area of mutual interest
Specific areas will be agreed between individual institutions.