Liaison Scientists in Poland
The “Liaison Scientists Network” aims to deepen the existing links between German and Polish scientists and bolster research in Germany and Poland, because good scientific relations between these traditionally strong research countries are essential for the innovativeness and competitiveness of the European Research Area as a whole.
The DFG has already maintained excellent relations with its partner organisations in Poland for many years, and has cooperation agreements with the Polish Academy of Sciences (PAN), the Polish Ministry for Science and Higher Education (MNiSW) and the Foundation for Polish Science (FNP). Since 2005, it has been possible for German and Polish scientists to apply to the DFG and to the MNiSW for funding for joint research projects.
German and Polish scientists who have questions about funding opportunities in connection with German-Polish cooperation can contact the Polish liaison scientists. The members of the “Liaison Scientists Network” in Poland are:
- Prof. Dr. Adam Borkowski (Materials Science, Warsaw)
- Prof. Dr. Włodzimierz Borodziej (History, Warsaw)
- Prof. Dr. Andrzej Cezary Członkowski (Pharmacology, Warsaw)
- Prof. Dr. Lechosław Latos-Grażyński (Chemistry, Wrocław)
- Prof. Dr. Ewa Łojkowska (Biology, Gdańsk)
- Prof. Dr. Jerzy Łuczka (Physics, Katowice)
- Prof. Dr. Barbara Malinowska (Experimental Physiology, Białystok)
- Prof. Dr. Marek Niezgódka (Mathematics, Warsaw)
- Prof. Dr. Karol Izydor Wysokiński (Physics, Lublin)
- Prof. Dr. Fryderyk Zoll (Law, Cracow)